Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Visit to Lynny's

After I got home to Indiana I drove up to Michigan to see Lyndsay and her family!  Whats another 12 hours on the road....  Anyways, we had a lot of fun, or at least I did =) Lyndsay and I actually made a quilt out of a bunch of my old T-shirts that I had laying around.  I still feel bad about that becasue I HAD NO IDEA how much work was actually involved.  But we managed to pull it off and I think it looks really nice.  I also went to the movies with her and the kids to see Alvin and the Chipmunks.  I thought it was a pretty good movie, but it was mainly fun to be there with David and Madison. (Jared went home with Jonah because he wasn't feeling well) 
This is a picture at Jared's bus stop with him and Maddison.
With David after tumbling class.  I hate to break it to you TJ, PJ, and Clay but I'm pretty sure that I am Davids favorite uncle!!  I've known this since he was just a baby but didn't want to say anything, but I think it is time for yall to know.
With Jonathan shortly after waking up.  One of the cutest pictures of him ever!!
This is the finished quilt.  Maddison actually took the picture and Lynny and I were amazed at how well she did.
Here are a couple pictures of me sewing the quilt.  Don't let the picture be misleading though because Lynny did most of the sewing.   For some reason every time I tried the machine would get jammed.  She worked so hard to get this thing done before I left!!  So thank you again

4 comments:

Lyndsay Detro said...

Oh, my goodness. I loved doing the quilt with you! It was so much fun. I felt bad that it took so much of your time. But I loved it. And Steven did a lot of the sewing, too. Don't let him fool you. He sewed the entire way around the quilt when we were finishing it off. That was a big job!

Wilson Family said...

wow i can't believe you guys made that huge entire quilt in one weekend. i am very impressed - great teamwork! sounds like you guys had lots of fun. but steven, what exactly makes you his favorite uncle??

Clay and Katy said...

oh very fun! i wish i could enlarge the pictures (it wont let me) so i could get a better look at your blanket!

Steve Peper said...

Well Keddy, let me explain. Ever since he was a little baby he would always get a huge smile when I walked in the room he was in and he would follow me with his eyes as I walked around (lynny had even told me at the time that he didn't do that with everyone) and then when I was there he was always wanting me to hold him (even though I am sure he would want anybody to hold him just to be held) and he was always giving me big hugs and kisses out of the blue. And I'm pretty sure I heard him tell me a few times when I was there that this was the case. That is if I was interpreting his speech correctly which I sure I was =)