Sunday, August 24, 2008

Update

Alrighty, well its been a while since I last posted something and I'm sure everyone has heard most of this. I ended up surviving my white water rafting trip in Oregon. It was a lot of fun and pretty dang scary at times. I forgot my camera in my friends truck so currently I don't have any pictures of that adventure to show you. I rafted down the river in an inflatable kayak (not as sketchy as it sounds). It was really fun but since it was a smaller boat I would "feel" the rapids a lot more compared to my friend who was in a much bigger boat. After the first day I think I must have gotten a severe case of sun poisoning because I got pretty sick. I woke up the next day and my throat felt swollen shut, I was congested, and my body ached. I tried powering through it and ended up rafting for about 4 hours. We then took a break and my friends dad said I could jump in the supply raft with him to take a break. I ended up taking him up on the offer.
This perhaps might have been my wisest decision ever. Not much longer after I got in his raft we ended up hitting the most ferocious part of the river. It was down a narrow canyon and the rapids were pretty crazy. The raft that I was ridding in kept bouncing off the rock walls that all around us. The whole time I was rafting in my kayak I was never bucked out into the water, although I came close, but if I was kayaking down that stretch of river I'm pretty sure it would have done me in. I actually kind of wish I had got to try it just to see what would have happened! All in all it was a blast and hopefully I get the pictures sent to me and that they turned out so I can post some on here.

After the rafting I went back to Katy and Clays for a few more days. It was a lot of fun hanging out with them and seeing Jack walking for the first time! He's a very cute/busy little guy =) Now since it has taken me so long to post anything on here Katy actually beat me to putting the good pictures from the trip on her blog but I'll probably repost some of them and describe them differently.
So I was trying to teach Jack how to chase the birds in their back yard.  He was having a blast running full speed at them but of course his full speed isn't extremely fast as of yet so I put him on my shoulders so he could go a little faster and get closer to the birds before they took off!  You can kind of see it in the picture but he didn't really 'hold on' with his hands.  He would actually rub his hands in circles through my hair.  I thought that was pretty funny.
Here we were swimming and again you can kind of see it but he had his little cheek pressed firmly next to my head and he was talking like crazy into my ear the whole time.  Of course I couldn't really interpret what he was saying but I imagined different things in my head that seemed to fit with the speed and tone to what he was saying.  Some things like "Oh boy lets not go to fast now" "be careful going around that corner, I don't want to slip off your back into the water"  Then sometimes it did sound like "faster faster faster!" 
A good picture of the Warrens
I liked this one with my sister


4 comments:

Lyndsay Detro said...

I loved your descriptions of the pictures. Especially the one of you and Jack in the pool. That cracked me up! It sounds like you had a great time. I want to try white water sometime. It sounds fun! Can't wait to see the pictures.

Wilson Family said...

Could you please define the diagnosis of sun poisoning. In 4 years of med school, I have yet to run across that one. I would hate to miss it on a patient!!!

Steve Peper said...

I know, its ground breaking medical stuff here. So excuse me, heat stroke or what ever you want to call it...

Wilson Family said...

ok ok lets just all get along! we are just all so cute and funny...

sounds like a wonderful trip and experience. you are having quite the adventures lately!!