Sunday, August 24, 2008

The Near Death of My Dog...

So TJ and Julia and Pam are here right now and last night we were in the family room watching a DVD.  We were all sitting on the chairs and couch and my dog was sitting in her bed right in front of the fireplace.  About 40 minutes into the DVD we hear a crash and we all look up to see that the big clock above the fireplace had fallen on to the ledge right bellow it.  Then in like slow motion the clock started to tip forward and sure enough it went crashing down to the ground.  It seriously landed right next to my dogs bed even hitting part of her padding.  It was the loudest noise ever and of course scared the living daylights out of Jali.  I have never felt her heart beat so fast.  It was one of the scariest moment of my life.  I could just see the clock falling on top of Jali, luckily it didn't but still.  So the moral to this story is, always hang your clocks with nails and dont use those sticky tack hanger tag things...

2 comments:

Lyndsay Detro said...

Yikes!! That is scary. I can't believe that happened. I'm so glad Jali is okay. Did the clock survive? That is a very good moral. =)

Steve Peper said...

No the clock shattered. I also forgot to mention that it also decapitated Buster, moms plant that TJ had given her YEARS ago. Mom might have been able to revive Buster though, we'll have to see...