Saturday, April 9, 2011

My Curse Continues...

Last night I drove up to Pittsburgh with a friend from school to go to a baseball game.  My Rockies were in town!!  It also just happened to be "Buc Night" so the tickets were only a dollar as were the hot dogs!!  Since the tickets were only a dollar I bought two extras so we had some more room on either side of us (I HATE being crammed in next to people at sporting events).  This was probably a better idea then I originally thought because the Pirate fans around me were not to thrilled to have a Rockies fan cheering, somewhat obnoxiously, in their mist.  One guy even threatened to "chop my head off" =}

The game started off really well in the first with the Rockies hitting a 3-run home run but by the 6th inning it was all tied up.  It ended up going into 14 inning before the Rockies fell ={  And those were the COLDEST 14 inning of my entire life!!  We were frozen solid by the time the game was over, around 1:30 am.  The 3 hotdogs and nachos I ate weren't extremely happy with me either by that point.

So unfortunately, as I have complained about before, my dreaded curse continues.  For the life of me I can not go to watch any of the teams I love and watch them WIN....  I seriously just need to retire from going to sporting events...

This was taken right after the game ended so I wasn't the most thrilled at the time.  However, I'm still glad I went.


I forgot to mention that one of my dreams is to catch a fly ball, preferably from my Rockies!  Well last night one of the Rockies hit one over into my section.  It landed a few rows in front of us but bounced up to the section next to us.  It then hit off of a chair and started rolling down my isle RIGHT AT ME!!!  My friend and I were going to get it when some drunk guy jumped all over it.  COME ON, soooo close. It literally was about 2 seats away from me.  Ahh... maybe next time...

2 comments:

the Mom said...

Well, I'm glad you had a good time, even though you were almost decapitated, you nearly froze to death, your lousy food choices didn't sit well with you, you missed getting the ball by two seats, and your team lost! =} Priceless.

Lyndsay Detro said...

Okay, so Jonah had a couple of comments. One, he said that a fan at an opening game somewhere (I'm not good with details sometimes) got beat up after the game and was put into critical condition. So I guess you are lucky that you didn't get decapitated. Please be more careful.

Also, Jonah thinks that maybe you should start liking the opposing team and maybe you'll have more luck. =)

Fun that that you got to go, though! But I'm pretty sure I'm going to win the Biggest Loser contest. Hehe.