Saturday, September 20, 2008

Ostrich Hides

When I was in Colorado I was talking with Laurie about some of the things I have made out of the ostrich hides and how I am going to try to make Lynny a purse for Christmas so I thought I would put some pictures up for you guys to see them.  I'm not sure who has seen these or not...
 
 
This is the scripture case that I made for TJ before he left for his mission.  It has some stains on it from when they were in their accident after their wedding so it doesn't look all that great right now.
 
This is a little book cover that I made.

I also tried making some slippers a few years back but that was a huge disaster.  I stopped after one.  I would put a picture of that on here but it is back in Indiana.  I REALLY hope this purse for Lynny will turn out.  Knock on wood for me!

2 comments:

Lyndsay Detro said...

I'm sure you'll do great Steven!! I'm really impressed with what you've done so far. You've always been good at things like that. I remember some of the things you made when we were still living at home (not out of ostrich skin). I'm sooooo excited!!

lb said...

Oh my gosh Steveo...I am sooooo impressed. The purse is BEAUTIFUL !!!! I loved seeing you guys when you came through..can't wait for your return trip !! Take care ~ Love, Laurie