Saturday, August 18, 2012

Wilson Adventures - Part 1

Starting in late June, I was able to start a month and 4 day stay with Kelly's family!!  It started when I drove over to their house in Illinois with mom and dad to go to Brynn's baptism!


After her baptism weekend, we took the kids back to Indiana with us leaving PJ and Kelly at home alone to get their house packed and ready to load the truck for moving.  They drove over the next week to join us in Indiana for the 4th of July!  That gave mom, dad, and I 5 days to spend with the little ones before their parents came.

One day I took them to the Indy Zoo (well, Kate didn't get the invite.  I was the only adult going and was worried I wouldn't be able to handle ALL FOUR KIDS by myself.  With how very busy Kate is all the time, it turned out to be a wise decision {=  It was hard enough trying to keep track of the 3 older ones without having to worry about Kate.  Sorry Kate, someday I'll take you to the zoo!!)  

This was an area where you could pet the dogfish (shark).  None of them were interested in doing that but enjoyed watching them swim around.

Here we were taking a break, eating some snacks.  I kind of messed up and we never really had a real lunch so by the time we left we were all a little hungry and grumpy.

Checking out some of the animals.

And some more.

Here was my favorite area, African Elephants!!  They had a little baby that was fun to watch.




After we left we headed to McDonalds for some ice cream and fries (trying to make up for missing lunch)! 

Another day we went to Wonderlab.  As always, the kids had fun.

Where's Waldo, I mean Dylan?

Here he is!

Grandma came so Kate was able to come to this adventure!


This was a fun crane machine that Tyler and I played with for a little while.  Tyler LOVED it.  Unfortunately another boy and his dad were playing on it almost the whole time we were there so we only got to play with it right before we had to leave. 

Another day we went to the movie Brave.  I loved it!  Oh, Kelly was actually here for this one, shes behind the camera.  

Its been awhile so I'm not remembering everything that we did that week, but it was just the start of my summer Wilson adventure!!  More to come...

2 comments:

the Mom said...

Since I know that Keddy wasn't with you at the zoo, who took the picture of all 4 of you eating at the table?

Such cute kids. =)

Lyndsay Detro said...

What an amazing brother you are. You took 3 kids to the zoo by yourself and spent half your summer babysitting. I'm very impressed.

So .....

when is it my turn. ;)