Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Projects

Now that I am at a non-BYU school, I actually get a legitimate winter break (over a month!!)  Besides the week and a half that I was sick I have been keeping myself pretty busy with different projects around the house.  Here are just a few that I thought you guys might be interested in.
I put in a peg-board for the tools and moved them all over to the way that is shared with the house.  Hopefully this will help prevent toys from building up in front of them so we can easily get to them when we need them!! 


I then pushed the shelves together to close in the gap where the tools were located and tried organizing things so less stuff was cluttered on the ground.  Despite how it looks in the pictures it actually is a lot less cluttered and there is a lot more room in the garage to move around =)

With the help of Katy, when she was still here, I got a bunch of pictures hung around the house.  They really are a lot more straight when you look at them in person compared to how it looks in the picture... Katy and mom can back me up on that!

Moved the fish tank closer to the wall by cutting and adjusting the lid and getting a new filter for it.  (mom still hates it with a passion)

Hung the clock, again with Katy's help

These are on the wall to the right (next to the book shelves) when you are looking at the TV.  Also hung some other random pictures around the house.

I also tried gluing down the train tracks to the train table while Kelly and Katy's kids where here to test how it would hold up to play... complete and utter failure.  Those kids had that thing torn apart within 5 minutes of playing with it!!!  Maybe next time I am home I will try some kind of stronger adhesive 

Well, those were some of the larger projects I did.  Probably not very interesting to most of you but I haven't posted anything in a while so why not :}


UPDATE...

Here is an attempt at a picture of the closet mom was talking about.  I forgot about this project, which is odd because it was a lot of work.  Anyways, it is the closet that is next to the bathroom by the kitchen and dining room.  

3 comments:

the Mom said...

You forgot about the shelves you put up in the small closet. You've done some really nice work. Thank you.

Clay and Katy said...

Well I believe you that there is more room in the garage...looks good! And the closet looks good too! Wish I could see them in person! Good work!

Lyndsay Detro said...

Wow!! You have been busy. Everything looks great. You must have done a good job because as we were looking at the pictures Madison says, "Who's house is that?" When I said Grandma and Grandpa's she said, "They moved???"

Good job!! I guess you can relax once you get back to school. =) Wish I could see it all in person.