Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Frostburg Housing

I was talking with TJ today and he said I needed to update my blog now that I am out here at school and "actually have something to update". So I thought I would snap a few pictures as I am relaxing in front of my Rockies game and do a quick update. Since it is dark out I don't have any pictures of the outside of the house yet.

It is definitely an old school house. Wood window frames and doors that barely fit together and creak really bad as you open and close them. It has a basement (as I found out today) but i didn't get any pictures of that because it freaked me out when I discovered it. It seriously looks like a basement straight from some horror movie, probably will never venture down there again! I have also discovered today that the house has a swampy smell, or something like that. An old house smell...

Anyways, these first two are of the down stairs laundry area/bathroom. The only shower is downstairs.

This is a little storage area off of the kitchen

Some shots of the kitchen. It actually is pretty roomy but doesn't have many cabnits


Looking in from the front door


This first picture is the room to the right as you come in the front door. It will eventually become our tv room. The second picture is looking from the tv room back into the room with the table that you saw from the front door.

The top of the stairs looking down the hall. My room is on the right. Right behind me is the upstairs bathroom.

Upstairs bathroom


This is looking into my room. It is still messing because I am trying to find places for everything to go and I still don't have a desk or anything.

The first picture the door is directly to my left. It also is a picture of my make-shift bed. Mom and Dad will be bringing a MUCH NEEDED bed over labor day weekend!! The second picture is looking from my bed over to the closet area. It is the dumbest closet design ever.


3 comments:

Lyndsay Detro said...

Oh yeah!! Pictures of your house. I was telling mom she needed to take her camera out with her so I could see your place, so good job on getting these up so fast. I'm very happy. It looks like a very interesting place. =) Should be good for you. Good luck in school.

the Mom said...

Yeah, my first thought was oh, what a cute, old house, but then some of your descriptions made me re-think that. =] I probably wouldn't mind the smell, but I'm weird that way (with old houses). Looks like you might need us to bring a desk out, too?

TJ and Julia Peper said...

Very nice! The house doesn't look too "old" to me on the inside. It seems like some of the rooms (like the bathrooms) have been redone? Anyway, I'm sure your roommates will love taking your TV out of your room and putting it in the family room for all to see.