Sunday, June 1, 2008

North Dakota- Take 1

Well I thought I would post a few pictures that I have so far. Some of the better pictures are on other cameras right now so it might take a little while to get those. I forgot to get pictures of my cabin so those will come later. I also will post some from my trip to Lynny's once I get them from her. (Again, some might be repeats from what she posted) Anyways, things are going great here in North Dakota. We started doing otter survey's last week which entailed us walking up and down river banks for HOURS a day (7-8 straight hours of walking) looking for otter signs such as their scat and prints, latrine sites and slides. Its been fun learning how to recognize these things and to just be out in the "woods". However, my feet and ankles are KILLING ME =) Oh well, hopefully I'll get into shape soon! I also am getting a killer farmers tan and I shaved my head to help find the ticks that are over running my body. They are insane out here.


Some guys dog followed us for about 5 miles. Here he is trying to get my lunch.


This is me counting scats at a latrine site.

Well, I tried uploading more pictures but this thing is acting up, like always, and it isn't letting me. Maybe later...

3 comments:

Clay and Katy said...

cool steve! glad you made it safely and are already getting to work!!!! hope you dont get too many ticks! cant wait for more pics :)

Lyndsay Detro said...

Yeah, a new post!! I can't wait to see more pictures. I'm glad you're having fun! Did you get a picture of the otter you saw?

Wilson Family said...

oh that is fun to see pictures of you out there! ticks...not so sure i could handle that...you're a brave man. have fun! and do more posts when you can.